Monday, May 11, 2009

Thinking...

"I get nervous when I think of how we've missed who we are supposed to be, and sad when I think about how we are missing out on all the God wants for the people He loved enough to die for." --Francis Chan

Okay so I picked up and started reading one of Clay's books called CRAZY LOVE (Author Francis Chan) and already I'm swept away. Man we Christians are totally missing Gods Picture! Okay... so more to come on the book as I continue reading, however, I wanted to share some verses that have been on my heart the past couple weeks. I'm sure many of you have read them before... but I'm going to share them from the Message Version Bible hoping God sheds a new light on the meaning to your heart as HE did to mine...

"Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat- I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you?" Luke 9:23-25

I was researching these verses some as the first is what my Dad has tattooed on his back along with a cross and now many more. So I have known this first verse a while, however never truly dug deep into it. But when I read it in this version- I was blown away. WHAT IN THE WORLD... It totally sheds a light on worldliness. God totally wants the opposite than what most of us are striving after. Think about it... We think, "I need to get in control here- God says let me lead!, I don't want me or my family and loved ones to have to suffer- God says embrace suffering!, I have to get something to help me through this, God says self-help is no help at all!, I NEED this, I have to achieve that, I will do that but want this in return, God says Self-sacrifice is the way, HIS WAY, to finding your true self!"

To be real honest with yall a couple weeks ago I started really getting frustrated with myself and other "Christians." And after much praying, I feel God allowed me to get to the point where I am totally fed up with the AVERAGE Christian life! I have told many of those I am close to how I'm completely SICK OF this Boring life! I want more! And so as I began reading this book today, this is how the preface begins... "This book is written for those who want more Jesus. It is for those who are bored with what American Christianity offers. It is for those who don't want to plateau, those who would rather die before their convictions do." Now that is what I am talking about! Come on guys get on fire for God. We are so missing out on an awesome life He is offering us!
--Christi

No comments: