Monday, May 18, 2009

E-Women's Conference


I wanted to share with you a little of what God has shown me this weekend! I went with my Mom and a handful of other ladies from our church to the Extraordinary Women's Conference. The conference theme was "Free to be REAL!" I loved it. We are so missing out on that as Christians. We are sinners too for crying out loud! Not these perfect little people who always do good. NO we are sinners just as the Lost.... the only difference is we have accepted Christ's perfect forgiveness and continue to! So we need to stop acting like we have got it all together and start living life side by side of those who are in need of a Savior and share our HOPE with them! And once again lets get to work and stop being lazy in our walk with the LORD.

My favorite verses the Lord opened my eyes to this weekend was found in 2 Cor. 3 starting in verse 13... it's talking about how we have a veil over our eyes and can't see Jesus! (Now we can take this in the terms of Salvation... but for those of us who know God, I think we need to do a re-evaluation of our commitment to our Savior. I LOVE verse 16 where once again our loving God gives us once again another chance to turn back to HIM! He says that whenever we turn to HIM, the veil is taken away! WOW! It's like, hello, there is our answer! But He doesn't stop the goodness there... He goes on in verse 18, sharing that with unveiled faces we reflect the Lord's Glory!!! And that we are being transformed into HIS likeness with ever increasing glory!!!


You say, yeah I want that... but how do I get from here to there? The answer is in verse 17... it says, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom!" We are all in bondage to something and He wants to bring us freedom from that very thing, allowing us to live a life full of Hope, Contentment and Holiness that will bring HIM glory! So, let's take some time to slow down in our busy lives to focus on our Loving God and spend some time with Him. He alone is worthy!


After digging into that passage, the speaker, Angela Thomas, then said a statement that is oh so true... "You can live your whole life- die too and go to heaven, and still miss what God had for you!" How sad to think that could be us! But WAIT... you are still breathing... so that means you can change NOW. Ask HIM, "Lord, what do you want to do in and through my life, and give me the strength to do it!"- that has been Clay and my prayer in the past few weeks!

Bottom line... the World won't know what a MIGHTY God we have, unless we are REAL enough to show and tell them!!!!!! So let's stop trying to portray this "perfect, I've got it all together" life to the LOST and let them know we still need our God and His strength and forgiveness everyday... just like them!

--Christi

No comments: