Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One Day

One Day Lord I will be with YOU!!!!

WOW- wouldn’t you agree we are so distracted in life because of junk that takes us father away from the sweet Lover of our Souls! We get so caught up everyday in the same old stuff- selfishness really! Whether it is our own selfish ambitions or another’s; our focus gets shifted from seeking Him above all else and all others. Nothing else compares to HIM! So why do we do it… walk away from Him for some temptation… or simply
not taking time to spend with Him- then before we know it our day it through?

I don’t know about you, but I love to get caught in HIS presence! Just being involved in doing something, then before I know it—My Savior is calling directly to my heart. For me many times it is through a song (as now). But He just starts showing me that I’m missing out by doing what I’m doing, instead of getting alone with HIM. If I am smart enough at the moment to abandon all else, and be still before my LORD-- His endless kindness blesses me! He wants to spend time with us, more than we realize. I’ve come to see that He too wants to bless us more than we even desire to be blessed! WOW-- what a thought! When we see that bird sitting outside our window singing, it’s HIM calling us to sing to Him too and just enjoy the perfect creation He has made. When we sit on a beach and watch the massive ocean crash to shore before our eyes, yet not sweep us sinners away, that’s Him showing us His powerful and loving hand. When we look at His detail and perfection of a newborn baby, He is showing us His gentle creativity. And the fact that not one is the same, but instead uniquely designed individuals, made with a specific purpose (see Psalm 139). He is AMAZING and AWESOME! (I praise you with my whole being sweet LORD!) How does He catch your attention? Do you look for Him or listen for Him? Or are you like me, where to many times we let life distract us too much that we miss the moment? What stirs your heart? That is Him showing you more of Himself!

When He opens up the sky—I don’t know about you but I get so overwhelmedly excited to think about this day… when He will wipe away our tears, anger and fears… when all our dreams will come true… when we trade answers for confusion because we will be with HIM! Thank you MY SWEET JESUS that you are coming back for me! The last breath we take here on this earth is not the end of the story, but in fact only the beginning! Are you ready?

~Christi
These thoughts stem from Zoe Girl’s song, One Day.

1 comment:

Joyful Writer said...

Christi,
I just loved your "One Day" meditation. I feel the exact same way. Your words mirrored the feelings I have so well. I too am overwhelmed when I stop and think (and the key is to "stop and think") about our awesome God and how He wants to delight us moment by moment. Songs speak to my heart too. There's something about music and the way the lyrics pierce the heart that very often melts me to tears. But that's a good thing. I think tears are a special language of praise to God when they spring from a tender, thankful heart.
God bless you and your precious family, Christi. I'm so glad you are doing well and staying close to God. Love, Sandra Barker (Sara's Mom)